Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Blog 1

I so far have found this class to be different that the rest of the MAT classes. I find it hard to relate literacy in physical education; however, I am open to learn and implement literacy in my class. I am a firm believer that today's youth has problems reading and comprehending. I personally have never enjoyed reading and have not done well in reading classes in the past. I hope that changes, I do enjoy reading the newspaper and information on sports. I have a hard time reading fiction or novels. I have never been interested or motivated to read. I hope to find a love for literacy and hope to implement it in my classroom.

1 comment:

  1. I can see the difficulty in relating literacy to physical education. I would have a hard time developing a creative way to integrate reading in your area. I am sorry to hear that you do not enjoy reading. Perhaps you should try reading autobiographical novels or memoirs about famous athletic individuals. I think if you could find a trade book about certain exercise types (yoga, Pilate, karate, etc.), the students may respond.

    I hope you obtain your goals for literacy!

    ReplyDelete